Friday, 23 May 2008

I Have An Idea

Did you ever have a crazy idea but not know how to build it? I have lots of crazy ideas that never get invented; this is mostly because I don't have the skills or tools to make something real. But I recently came up with an idea for a 3 inch monochrome LCD screen with an AVR. I would use the AVR to control the graphics controller and I would add some kind of button interface. If I was working on this by myself I would probably have trouble getting the LCD screen programmed.

I like to call this the "Customizable Gamer". I would create tons of different games for it by using a variety of line and shape algorithms. It would be like a customizable Game Boy that anyone could hack. If I was building games by myself I could probably only make a hand full of games a year, but if I had some help I could create exponentially more games and graphics.



I am going to use the LCD screen on the Liquidware store as a starting point for this invention. Once I get this running, it could be an endless source of entertainment. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to add to the design on Liqudware.org

Happy Hacking

0 comments:

Post a Comment